SCHOOL SPONSOR SPOTLIGHTS: IE Business School
One of the webinars, called “The Global MBA experience”, was on how women can leverage a global MBA program to pursue a global career or propel their career in North America. During an hour, participants listened to the experience of women who graduated from global business schools and had the chance to learn more about the opportunities that a global business school offers for MBAs. This webinar, moderated by Amber Wigmore Álvarez, IE’s Executive Director of Talent and Careers, was an opportunity to hear from successful MBA alumnae from Forté sponsor schools outside the US who were excited to share their personal experiences with prospective MBA women.
The other webinar, called “Applying to a European MBA program”, had a panel of admissions staff from 4 different European schools talking about some of the key differentiators between pursuing an MBA program home or abroad. The group shared admissions advice with the audience. On behalf of IE Business School, Sheena Mehta, International Development Director for UK & Ireland, shared her recommendations on how to approach the admissions process.
This activity is also part of worldwide IE Women’s Initiative to attract and retain women talent in business and help them advance along their pursuit of success.
The feedback from the attendees defined the most valuable aspects of the webinars as the following:
- Hearing first-hand perspective on thought-process in applying for a Global MBA as well as how the experience itself difference from attending a US school [Global MBA webinar]
- Diverse set of panelists. Hearing the different perspectives on global MBAs. [Global MBA webinar]
- Knowing that European schools are also interested in diverse backgrounds of applicant [Admissions webinar]
- The Q and A about Brexit, and visas [Admissions webinar
To watch the recording of both webinars, access the links below:
- “The Global MBA experience” – watch video recording (56 minutes)
- “Applying to a European MBA program” – watch video recording (55 minutes)
To access other Pre-MBA webinars organized by Forté Foundation, click on this link.